Well, as a not so glorious year (2013) comes to an end, the story apart from markets making all-time-highs remains the same: Lots of FREE Cash, Not a lot of CapEx, Dismal Earnings, Lowered Guidances, and Lots of Fake Promises. I doubt this is going to change in 2014. But what I do know is that we’ll see a lot of M&A activity in 2014, especially in the Technology, Transportation, and Energy Sectors.
Here are some Stocks/Companies that I’d be looking at in 2014:
1) DELL and HP - I believe 2014 will be the year in which we’ll finally see some consolidation in the Computer Hardware sectors. The two companies that I’m looking at as potential Merger targets, are DELL and HP. If not a complete Merger, we can see a spin-off or partial Acquisition of the Computer Hardware business.
2) Blackberry (BBRY) - This one is a no-brainer. BBRY is DONE. The company has no other option than to merge or be acquired by a Tech Heavyweight. Though this seems a stretch, I believe Facebook is a legitimate candidate to Acquire Blackberry (BBRY). Which certainly makes sense, especially if Facebook can merge its platform with Blackberry’s BBM messenger. And mobile is the next frontier for Facebook, if it wants to stay relevant. At current valuations, BBRY would be a great buy.
3) I expect Amazon (AMZN) to start acquiring various package (courier) delivery companies in 2014.
4) Microsoft and Intel - This makes perfect sense. With Microsoft making a huge push into the Tablet market, there’s no better Merger/Acquisition target than Intel (INTC). My predictions on Microsoft’s M&A activity have been pretty spot-on over the years. I predicted Microsoft would acquire Nokia’s mobile phone business (unit), and that’s exactly what happened. I expect the same for Microsoft and Intel.
These are the major M&A targets that I’m looking at going into 2014.
Wall Street Fool
Latest posts by Wall Street Fool (see all)
- Potential Merger and Acquisition Targets In 2014 - December 5, 2013
- Zach Mettenberger Is The Perfect Replacement For Tom Brady - December 4, 2013
- Top Trades For December 2013 - December 4, 2013